February 26, 2015 § 2 Comments
- Hitmen and kidnappers monitor your street. Mistakes can happen.
- Patrolling Dobermans (woops, one went off-leash!), postal carriers and babies beware.
- Parked Limousines blocking traffic while thieves reconnoiter the hood.
- Twice-a-day delivery of luxury items to the B—your online purchases—diapers, toilet paper, soap—get lost in the shuffle.
- The presence of noisy demonstrators and accompanying law enforcement personnel armed with heavy weapons, not to mention body guards with itchy trigger fingers.
- Misguided process servers convinced they’ve found the B’s secret redoubt—your house or apartment.
- Skyrocketing property values raising property taxes beyond your ability to pay.
- During extended absence, or when the B leaves for good, his/her house falls into disrepair, beginning the neighborhood’s downward spiral; Rampant graffiti, crime comes next.
- Foreign diplomats, politicians, financial advisers, venture capitalists, inventors, supplicants coming and going in the wee hours via limo, armored car, UberX, taxi, motorcycle, bicycle, you name it.
- Tour companies add your illustrious neighbor’s address to their bus routes as a must-see destination.